- 1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or dried cranberries (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, milk, eggs and butter until creamy and completely smooth.
Whisk together dry ingredients and add to the pumpkin mixture blending until fully combined. Fold in walnuts and cranberries. Pour into a greased 9x5x3" loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.